Monday, May 28, 2007

Having a Ball with the Fireball












Sarah is the most energetic child we have. Stillness = Sleeping. On the move, on the run, full of fire, and decisive about her desires. Maybe it's best she came when we were a little older forcing me to keep active. When Joseph was new she wore me out and everyone needed to help but now I am running along beside her with the same spirit of zest for activity and people. She loves books, animals, outdoors, being silly, and truthfully like most children enjoys anything life has to offer thats good. Eating markers, sticks, playdough, and the like is what she considers the good gifts. There is an early morning quiet beauty as she shuffles into our room with her beloved silky blanket (kee-kee), climbs in bed, and falls back to sleep all snuggled next to me. All of our toddlers have done this and I'm glad those times are not over. We and our extended family are having a ball.



- We have a big training job ahead and we know these can be great attributes in her as she learns self control. My mom says Sarah reminds her of me. She says she was thankful there were positive opportunities given for the release of my enthusiasm (ex: sports, choir, drama, public speaking, babysitting, drawing etc.) It's funny now when I look back on my childhood that I was involved in any activity our private school offered. Thankful my mom was able to put us in a better school than the public school at the time, I was full of the love of life. We may have to prayerfully keep Sarah busy with similiar activities and homeschooling may help give her extra time for the things she loves.




-





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm still trying to get used to seeing you with a little bity girl. She looks so delightful!
~KW~
homesteadblogger.com/awaitinghiskingdom