Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Dad-A Tribute

I know I am overdoing the pictures, but I couldn't help it. As I looked through our pictures to find shots of Kenny doing things with the kids I was filled with thankfulness of all the happy memories we will have of the T-I-M-E he has spent with the kids. I even had to leave out all the pictures of forts and swingsets, teeter totters, sandboxes, and basketball hoops he has built.I guess this will end up being a Father's Day tribute. So for all these pictures, well, they speak for themselves. And it does say whatsoever is..... excellent and worthy of praise, dwell on these things. (Philipians 4:8) I can't praise him enough for the relationship he has built with our kids by simply spending time and having good times together. What a man! ( and a pretty good looking one too)

1996- Playing in the sand with 3yr. old Joshua
1997-wrestling with his kids and his nieces and nephews

2002-fishing with 5 year old Paul


2003-Hiking with 2 yr. old John Isaac




2002-feeding Seaguls at the beach with Josh and Paul




2005- Making Sarah smile with the smile she only had for Dad



2000-Making snowflakes and Dad decides to wear one


1999-Swinging 4yr. old Lily at the lake

2007- On the floor with 1yr. old Sarah
Repeatable Quotes:

-This is how you can tell a father. He is a man who will play with you even though he has friends his own age to play with
-You know how a kid spells love? He spells it T-I-M-E

-My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass,"my dad would reply, "we're raising boys."

-The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.

-One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.
-Need to know something? Ask your dad. He knows. And on the off chance he doesn't know, he'll make up something pretty good.
-A dad without coffee is like a tv without a remote

-Your children need your presence more than your presents.
-It's easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

-Only love can be divided endlessly and still not diminish.
-Love is, above all, the gift of oneself.

-Fathers should not get too discouraged if their sons reject their advice. It will not be wasted; years later the sons will offer it to their own offspring.

-When you teach your son, you teach your son's son.

from: Wit and Wisdom of Fathers

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice! I love the pics. You can never over-do on pics. And I love the "we're not raising grass" bit. And the bit about dad's playing with you even though they have friend's their own age... we had a fellowship gathering last Saturday evening at the neighbor's and while I was chatting with the adults PapaWillie was sitting on the floor surrounded by kids, teaching them how to spin jacks, getting them to toss them from hand to hand while still spinning, etc. (I hafta get my hands on the pic -I know someone took one.) You know how he is! He's quite a marvel. Who knew he would be such a kid person?