Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Season of Joy


this is what I found on arriving home from the concert...in the middle of a rainstorm

Candice, bringing our puppies to her little Judah

Joe has resorted to using Sarah's hair in my absence while sucking his finger-pathetic

Kenny hates this dog...what is he doing?

wanted everyone who doesn't know Lily well to see what her bad attitude face looks like

Lacy takes a quick cool bath after chasing our goats in their water

Lily spends hours with our puppies

Sarah was enthralled with climbing this tree.

Good news for us..Kenny passed his Fire suppression tests in Nashville and he is already busy with work.We are very excited about the opportunities in this business for our family.He is able to plan his own schedule and take days off when needed. Because this business is a government necessity, it is not affected by the slowing economy.
The beautiful fall weather continues. Sunday, the whole family went to hang out at a local park. After the boys had their fill of football with Kenny, I talked them into a game of duck, duck, goose for the little ones. They finally agreed which led to more laughter than we expected (especially when Kenny started to get competitive even with this toddler activity ha ha) I have to say I havn't had that much fun in a long time. There is something awesome about the whole family doing something together that gives me a feeling like no other. To be honest, though, it isn't quite the same feeling I had when Isaac was here. There is still and always will be a hole.
Another deep joy is to watch Joshua begin to get a little bit bolder. It is almost like a feeling I had when he was born..to see the actual baby developed after nine months. I know he has a long road ahead with many trials and temptations but I am seeing growth and maturity in some areas that gives my heart a thrill.
We were so blessed to attend two concerts this past week. Tuesday, Lisa, my mom, Candice my sister-in-law, and my daughter Lily went to see an Irish Rhythm dance performance that was world class. On Friday Kenny and I took the older boys to see an amazing and talented Phil Keaggy who is now near 60. His talent has been around for decades and it is still incredible.
Now we are dealing with a bit of the stomach flu but it seems short lived. Joe was quite upset about it and wanted to go to the doctor. He said "the sick is hurting me" and "sometimes we have to kill 'the sick' " so funny. I realized my toddler is on his way to becoming a little boy.
November will bring the wedding of Stacie , Sam's mom, which will occur on the 20th. This is a happy yet sobering occasion for the Roche family. Mitch, Stacie's fiance, really seems to love her and Sam. Thanksgiving will be spent with Becky and clayton Houk's family and then probably a weekend dinner with the Roches. The Ectors and Lenzs will be spending time with other family.
We are planning a Christmas trip to Mo. if all goes as planned. The only bummer is that Dana and Russell will be out of town. We will still be busy with many other family and friends and it is the only time to take a vacation since Josh is in school (by the way he has done well with his grades.100% in calculus is something to be proud of) He is looking into going to Covenant College in Lookout Mtn, near Chattanooga.
Thankful for the sweet times and even learning to be thankful for what seems like difficulties. The difficulties are leading to His glory.

No comments: