Friday, November 19, 2010











good times...Lisa flew down to visit Priscilla with plans to drive back with her so she could spend some time here in Tn. while Nathan was training in California. Plans were changed because Nathan was expected back within the week. Not knowing this I called Lisa declaring in a joking manner that we were going to just jump in the car and come for the weekend. When she told me that she was stuck there and may have to rent a car to come home aannnndddd that she would love for us to come get her..then I began to consider seriously going. It didn't take long to decide. Kezzi and I took Sarah and Lily with us and by 6 the next morning we were beginning our trek. The girls were very patient (except for an occassional "are we there yet" from Sarah) thanks to movies playing in the car. Kezzi drove the entire way wanting to prove that she could actually do it (with the help of full throttles and coffee. smile)
We arrived as the sun was setting and found her little apartment overlooking the ocean charming. They had the sliding doors open so we could hear the waves as we ate Priscilla's spaghetti. Lisa sat with the sleepy girls while Pris, Kezzi and I went for a walk on the beach. On our return we watched some old episodes of Gilmore Girls which I found very witty..and found myself ready to watch the "rest of the story".
My daughters woke up before sunrise. We had breakfast and took a three hour walk between 9 and 12. We enjoyed having the freedom of going nowhere. We took our time to explore a little more than usual since we were not occupied with swimming and playing in the waves. The fisherman, birds, jellyfish, shells, sand dunes, and sky were all a little more taken in due to the chilly air. There was something about this that made our walk a little more intriguing. On the return route I noticed an elderly lady shoveling sand like a 35yr. old. Since a shovel is one of my best friends I was drawn to approach her and offer her a little break. ( I love meeting new people especially those older and wiser) Found out she was a 79 yr. old wife and mother of 6 from Pennsylvania. While this muscular lady had my attention the girls got wetter than they had planned which led to "oh well, they are already soaked...let them have fun" We visited and dug for about an hour. There have already been homes that have had to be moved or destroyed because of the shore's deterioration and she was digging a trench to redirect the water. Amazing.
Had lunch at a local Sushi bar then a little shopping afterwards. A walk on the pier followed then back to the house for a little break..back down the steps to the shore for evening pictures in the purple light that only can be found on the beach during the sunset. Lovely weekend.
Kenny also had a weekend away in Pigeon Forge to discuss with his co-workers the business and future plans. He, being at the top of a mountain ski resort, called as I was walking the beach...we both were soaking up the relaxation but yes..missing eachother. I am thankful that after nearly 20 years he is my favorite person to be with and that not only do I love him but "like him" but of course we realistically do not always feel this way...but it's awesome when it comes back and comes back deeper.
It is always nice to come home to your family and the boys did a great job taking care of eachother. Joshua made lasagna Sunday so we all had a great meal after traveling all day. Joe was glad to see me but couldn't explain the huge bump on his forehead and another egg size lump on the back of his head...one was a wall collision but the other bump has an unknown origin. lol
A few days before our trips Kenny took Joshua up to Covenant College. www.covenantcollege.com It is situated on Lookout Mtn. near Chattanooga. Joshua is sold on going for many reasons..(Priscilla's #1 fan is going to want to follow in her footsteps..ha ha). It is a small college with an excellent reputation. We hope they accept him and that the finances are taken care off through scholarships. The golf coach has welcomed him in to joining the golf program but whether that means he will be on the varsity team right away is unkown. I was very thankful that Kenny took the time and loved being just as excited as Joshua. They even had a celebration dinner. ha ha. So glad we are raising these kids together. I say out loud and behind closed doors that Kenny is an amazing father.
Thursday my dear friend Julie Costner had her 4th child..little Simeon..with the great midwife that delivered Joseph and Sarah. Julie herself has attended many births and has future plans to be certified. Her nursing background has really helped her get a head start.
Saturday, the 20th, I attended the wedding Stacie and Mitch, Stacie is Sam's mom and Levi's widow, was I keep Sam on Thursdays and hope to always have a relationship with this amazing kid who gets along with Joe and Sarah unbelievably well.
I like to keep things running smooth around here and when that doesn't happen I can really get ugly in my frustration. I see the looks on my kid's faces and know they feel hurt. Working on this right now and feeling the "Pruning".
I am the vine and my father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that doesn't bear fruit he takes away but every branch that bears fruit He prunes so that it may bear more fruit. John 15:1-2

Bearing fruit...what is fruit? Fruits of the spirit....love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control...

If we have some of these fruits in our lives than be ready for a pruning so that we can have more fruit. This sounds fine until we really feel the pruning. Pride is sooo stinkin strong..but I don't really want to stay the same..or do I? It is the process that helps us let go...because we really do want to be free.

1 comment:

Just Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.