Saturday, July 14, 2007

Digging in the Mud

Kenny in track hoe
The hole immediately began to fill with water

Eventually the hole will be connected to the pond


One tractor for digging --the other for moving the dirt



I am having a very lazy weekend while the sick kids rest but Kenny, on the other hand, is working day and night. He has been spending the late afternoons until dark working the huge backhoe tractor digging a pond on our relative's land. (which joins our own land). These are a few pictures of their progress which has been slower than planned due to the tractors breaking down every other day or so. It's working out for the best since they needed time to move the huge mounds of dirt so the backhoe can have continual access to the pit. The pit began filling with water immediately and is now already 6 ft. deep after 3 days. In fact, the kids that are well and old enough are swimming in the mud hole while I write. I tried to make Kenny laugh one evening as I decided to excitedly yell "A lake! A lake!" as I ran toward the hole and got in. I couldn't help but get in with caution and timidity and that ruined the rowdy effect I wanted to impress him with. If you know Kenny than you know what I mean. Anyway I guess I have to settle for the mere chuckle he let out and let a real crazy person like Candace perform those stunts. I even lost my shoe in the ordeal... oh well . By next summer there may be a sandy beach and walkway around the pond if all goes as planned.

I have had Lisa's three youngest while she is in Mo. and Ford has been occupied with the lake.Three of my kids and one of hers have some type of sore throat and fever virus that has lasted at least two days. We have stayed inside vegging out most of the time which is good after so much running around. One of the movies we watched, The Sin Eater, was incredibly touching. If you havn't seen it- please do!!! Left us praising God for our Saviour and crying a bit too. The pain is always intense when we watch someone else go through the passing of their child. But I won't give anymore away about the movie which by the way is a new release. It's good to see more films like this being produced. (Michael Landon Jr. produced this one.) Be blessed!












5 comments:

Beck's Bounty said...

Sorry to hear that some of you are still sick - praying you are well soon so we can get together again. In the mean while, let us know if we can do anything to help out.

Unknown said...

We heard that movie was good and were going to borrow it from our friends when we all got sick this week (stomach bug), but it turns out the friends didn't own it, they'd only rented it and we were too broke and too tired to drive to town to hunt it down. :) They said we might not want to let the kids watch it. What do you think?

Unknown said...

We heard that movie was good and were going to borrow it from our friends when we all got sick this week (stomach bug), but it turns out the friends didn't own it, they'd only rented it and we were too broke and too tired to drive to town to hunt it down. :) They said we might not want to let the kids watch it. What do you think?

Melancholy Happiness said...

That first picture realy disturbs me...

Ken and Zelpha said...

I have been looking at the same picture of an unfinished pond. Did Kenny get the trackloader stuck, is that the reason that it is not moving.