Friday, July 6, 2007

The 4th

Sarah jumping on her Kezzi

July 4th -the cousins

Getting ready to take dad to the airport (notice John itching with a smile)



Pris, Kezzi, and Hope with baby Joseph

It's fourth of July weekend and Kenny is in Mo. We will pick him up Sunday. Missing him. We enjoyed the fireworks at the park even though the babies were a little unsure of the what those big booms and colors were all about. One was comforted by her silky blanket the other by his lamb's wool and as long as they could suck their thumb and fingers they dealt with their fear quite sucessfully. After a few minutes I could feel Sarah's tense little body relax a little. Joseph didn't cry but the worried expression was new to me. It was actually kind of cute.
Had a family over for lunch today. It is nice to have the energy to have company over for meals again. They are good friends of ours with 4 children that match an age of our kids and they have a ball together.
- The only difficult part about this weekend is knowing John is so miserable. Somewhere he walked through a tick and chigger nest which was probably the field on the way to his buddy's house. I have never seen him so distressed. He is so tolerant and laid back that I knew by the look on his face when he told me he couldn't stop itching that I needed to check. Sure enough he has almost 150 little red bites. It's the worst I have ever seen and this land has never been a problem like our last 5 acres in Mo. Wer'e taking care of him.
- This month we will have two birthdays in the family to look forward to. John will be 6 and Paul -10. We don't have any out of town plans so I think I will focus on planning out next school year and finishing those projects. Please keep Lily in your prayers -for me also - to discipline myself to keep her on a routine. Happy Independence Weekend!!




1 comment:

Melancholy Happiness said...

Hey Lori how do you add lniks to other blogs on your blog -???- :\