Saturday, October 9, 2010







Life around here is always busy and full of love. How can it be any different when little ones are running around? The younger ones spend a good part of the day snuggling with the puppies on our front porch. John has Annalise and Elijah popping in and out on a regular basis. Lily has her new school room with Jungle Book playing every time she can sneak away. Paul is enjoying spending time with the Hall family with his good friend Will and he does quite a bit with his cousins. Today, he is at the fall fest with them downtown. Josh is spending the day with a friend and the friend's dad who are on their way up to a beautiful course in Crossville. Kenny is studying for a test he will take in Nashville next week. I am planning for Sarah's 5th birthday party tomorrow and will spend part of the day finishing the paint job I started on the exterior of our home. (took a break after the front was finished since it was so hot). Life is hectic yet I wouldn't want it any other way right now. I have been learning to be content with what gets done and begin again tomorrow trying to remember the important thing is that we are "letting our light shine before men so that they may see our good works and glorify their Father in heaven". This can only be done by walking in the Holy Spirit. Come, Lord Jesus...there is nothing else that matters!!
I so want others to be set free! I want our life to show there is a freedom and peace when you are in Christ. Something real others can see! It starts with our own relationship with God one on one and then our family and friends and then strangers.I love the chance to share this Faith...I look for open doors wherever I can since being a bulldozer isn't God's way. God opens the hearts...but I remember that faith comes by hearing..and others must hear the words of God to even be pricked enough to be moved!Others have to know that God loves them and is itimately involved in their lives. This awesome God cares about the smallest of his creatures. It just makes sense to follow HIm. Riches, fame, and glory are meaningless...we are all on our way to the grave.
I was watching people exit the grocery store the other day..most of whom were elderly. I mentioned to Kenny that the curse was about us every day. I mean, come on, we will all deteriorate. Can't the world see this? or do we institutionalize our old folks to the point where our society forgets? If we can't see that our spirit and soul needs redemption then could we possibly see our bodies do? Can we not fear God? He has obviously caused our days to be numbered. If the Father has made a way for our spirit, soul, and body to be made new then why won't we accept this awesome gift!? Everyone's life has it's hardships. Why not live in peace during these times? God's ways bring joy not boredom. Joy in the middle of hell. I am excited about serving HIm for the rest of my days..It is exciting to see HIm at work in all that is around and especially exciting to see HIm bring light and salvation into someone's life! Way more exciting than possessing any material good or even a personal achievement which obviously have proven generation after generation to bring no lasting satisfaction.
These are the words to a song that Hope and Josh wrote together:

I have given up fool's gold
My possessions I have sold
For a tresure not short-lived
I will follow for You give..
Lasting JOy..Lasting JOy

YOu are the lasting jOY..lasting joy

I have taken up my cross
and I'll count it all as lost
and thou at times I can't go on
I'll keep the faith and carry on
Lasting joy..lasting JOy

.

2 comments:

Trish Tegman said...

Love the song the children wrote. It means so much. He is our lasting Joy. Always love to read what's going on with your family. It reminds me of happier times when we were all little with our Dad and Mom. But time stands still for no one. It marches on and like you said choose to be happy and let things go. You're all such a blessing thanks so much for sharing. Love Aunt Trish xoxo

Lori said...

thanks Trish.