Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fun with John

All our boys are ramping lately especially now that they have a track around the lake. I will post pictures of that later.
This is my favorite picture of the day. John was laughing so hard as he threw leaves into my face. His laughter was contagious.

John enjoying making huge bubbles. Taking the day to play was good for me and even better for John. The weather was perfect and I told Kenny it was one of the best days I have had with the younger kids all year. I am so glad to still have young ones who get so much satisfaction out of the simplest things like blowing bubbles and playing in the leaves. It is so nice to have a way like blogging to keep record of the good times.





For whatever the reason we have a surplus of hickory nuts and acorns. My mom had a bowl of hickory nuts sitting on her counter one day and I thought they were delicious so I started to help her dig the meat out of the intricate shell and before long I became addicted to the picking. They taste similiar to walnuts yet sweeter. Yes, I am a picker. You either hate it or love it. Before long I was collecting my own stash and not feeling one bit guilty about robbing the squirrels ( we have zillions of acorns this year). If I woke in the middle of the night I started digging at the nuts and soon I had enough to make a whole chocolate cream square dessert for Thanksgiving. I only had one complaint of a tiny piece of shell in the whole thing! Was it worth it? I don't know, it was fun eating something I didn't have to grow or buy.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Cute picture of him jumping on his bike!